Blog Archive

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Elize hole filled:


  "How do you like mature me?" Elize winded a finger through her beribboned short twintails while proudly wearing her school uniform from Xillia 2.

  "I love all your versions, but scientifically speaking I think it's established I like twintails the most." I replied delightedly. Her light blonde hair and yellow eyes contrasted starkly with her navy blazer and black ribbons, bringing vibrancy to both. Plus that combination of joy at being paid attention to contrasting with the shyness of how to handle that attention carried equal magnetism. A girl who started with nothing and almost lost everything was now basking in the radiance of more love than she ever imagined receiving.

  "In that case, I was thinking, since I'm so much older like this, that it might be okay to, you know, go with something bigger. . ." Elize blushed and made clear it was up to me to figure out the rest.


* * *


    Elize is the least utilized waifu in this book, so I focused on her today.  First I corrected her Chapter 17 description from long gray hair to medium blonde hair.  Though the hair is so lightly saturated it's basically impossible to classify, if you use scientific instruments it turns out it is on the yellow spectrum, not gray nor brown but blonde.  There's also various artistic takes on her that show a much starker blonde color than the opening amv's, which should at least lend a direction of intent.

    Then I took that corrected hair and added it to Chapter 31, producing these precious few extra words that carries on from their previous scene together, creating a 'happy ending' to that tumultuous beginning, while also trying to explain simultaneously why Christopher likes Elize and why Elize likes Christopher.  It's pretty heavy duty for three short paragraphs but I think it's enough to get my point across, and brevity lends a poetic strength to prose which I prefer.

    Meanwhile, I found three new good songs to add to my music hall of fame -- Golden Ray, the opening to Ryza no Atelier, Yuusha, the opening to Sousou no Frieren, and my star, the second ending to the second season of Edens Zero.  They all feel like 5-star songs, but it feels like too much effort to demote anybody else so maybe, once I've listened to them 200 times, I'll just throw them on top of the pile without demoting anybody.  Sloppy but effective.

    Meanwhile, I rewatched Ryza no Atelier, Bastard! S2 and Hataraku Maou-sama! S3, which gives them full rights to belong to my top anime rankings.  I'm currently working on Edens Zero S2 and MIX S2 to do the same.

    Meanwhile, the News x It manga has finished being translated.  It was nice while it lasted.  Also, the House has a new Speaker.  We'll see if he funds Ukraine or not.  That's all I care about as far as Republicans go -- do they continue supporting this evil regime that deliberately targets civilians with cluster munition-laden missiles or do they stop supplying the evildoers with the means to do more evil?  This is a clear dividing line which, if Republicans fail at, make them no different from demon-crats as far as I'm concerned.

    Mostly I've been pleased with my ability to discern greatness quickly -- every new episode of Uma Musume S3 makes me confident in my elevation of Kitasan to my fictional character hall of fame.  The same for Konoha and 16bit Sensation, Yakuto and Dead Rock, Mia and Tearmoon Empire, Shizuka and 100 Kanojo, etc.  All my first impressions have borne out with later events.

No comments: