Blog Archive

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Yoshitsune > Tarte:

It's hard to say "I love Yoshitsune" while still keeping her out of the fictional character hall of fame, so I decided to fix that.  Sayaka now has a fitting co-franchise daughter named Yoshitsune.  They're even both swordswomen.  To make room I eliminated Tarte from Tears to Tiara.

Yoshitsune is beautiful, talented (a flute player like Mio from Xenoblade), super strong, smart, has a flexible mind and is willing to listen to others while still being an inspiring leader, pure, noble, friendly, loyal, trustworthy, and is basically perfect in every way.

In comparison Tarte is from Tears to Tiara 2, a game I gave up playing because it wasn't interesting enough.  She is a beautiful girl with Rie Kugimiya's voice, which goes a long way, but what's the use in me promoting a game I'm not even willing to play myself?  She never really belonged in my list.

Of course this leaves Tears to Tiara without a single representative in my fictional character hall of fame, meaning nobody really stands out as worthwhile in the series.  As such it also fails as a great anime, so I had to replace it there as well.

There is a worthy replacement, it just technically hasn't been announced yet.  Summer Pockets.  It's been pseudo-announced twice now, each time on New Year's Eve, for the last two years.  I assume it will be announced again this New Year's Eve.  It will keep getting announced until it actually comes out, which I assume will be sometime in 2024.  It's a phantom anime at this point, with so much hype and so little details as to be a legendary S++ rare.  But it will do.  Whenever Summer Pockets actually comes out it will very likely be worthy of my rankings (they'd have to butcher it to not make my rankings).  I've already rated other series before they came out, so it should be fine to rate Summer Pockets early too.  Since they've already been developing the Summer Pockets anime for years now it shouldn't actually be long before it reaches the light of day.

This conveniently shaves down the number of franchises honored in '100 Waifus' to a nice round 300 again, the number I was aiming for.  It's easy to say 'watch/read/play these 300 artistic works,' it sounds a lot dumber to say 'these 301 artistic works are the best!'

I also took Summer Pockets out of my anime wishlist because I consider it to have already been announced by now, so I replaced that wish with a wish for another season of Bastard!.  There's still plenty of the Bastard! manga left to cover.

No comments: