Blog Archive

Saturday, September 16, 2023

Hatsukoi 1/1 fully translated:

I thought the Yukino Append disk never got translated, but it actually was many years ago.  It's always good to double check these things.  It was a little difficult getting the patch to actually apply itself to the game, but I eventually got it to stick.  Now I can finish reading Hatsukoi 1/1 after all this time.  I don't actually like Yukino much, though I do admit she's gorgeous, so I'm not sure how enjoyable this append disk will be, but this month of September is totally empty and I've always wanted to finish playing this visual novel so this is definitely a lifesaver.

This is becoming a good year for visual novels.  There's also rumors flying about that Aiyoku no Eustia is getting close to being released.  Maybe this year, maybe next year, maybe never, who knows, but I'll keep hoping.

Bakemonogatari is in an annoying state, with Shinomonogatari still untranslated, but the later book Ikusamonogatari fully translated.  What's the use in a later book if we don't know what happened before then?  Or maybe the two tales are totally unrelated so it would be okay to read ahead?  What kind of crazy translator doesn't translate in the order books are published?  Maybe it's the same translator of Major 2nd who also likes to skip ahead in the manga and never translate chronologically. . .::rolls eyes::

No comments: