Blog Archive

Thursday, September 7, 2023

Sea of Stars ost gives me the seven replacements I needed:

My music hall of fame had seven bad songs I was itching to replace, but there was nothing available to replace them with.  Finally the Sea of Stars ost became available at YouTube, so I plucked out the Yasunori Mitsuda compositions and found the seven best songs out of those to fit into my music hall of fame.

These songs are nothing to write home about, I rated them all 1-star, but they were inoffensive, which is more than can be said for what was there before.  They're basically placeholders until Granblue Fantasy Re:link comes out, but worthy placeholders, unlike the imposters that were previously there.

This gives me a full lineup of 5500 songs again, 5500 songs I can actually stand behind and proudly proclaim to the world.  If anyone's interested in the specific details they can always check out my good music permapost.

My anime rankings are in a similar position, wanting to be a round number of 200, but frustratedly having to wait until October for Tearmoon Empire, Sousou no Frieren and 100 Kanojo to start airing.  Sea of Stars came out a bit sooner so I completed my music hall of fame slightly before my anime hall of fame.  Come to think of it, Cyanotype Daydream allowed me to fill my visual novel hall of fame with only actually translated visual novels as well.  And my manga hall of fame also needed to replace Card Captor and Prince of Tennis until last week.  So there's been a lot of cleanup work this year.  But by the end of the year everything will be fixed.  Every hall of fame will have a round number of worthy entries.  All that's left is the anime.

As for Majikoi A-5 I finished the Yoshitsune route, the one I assume everyone was waiting for, and it was excellent as expected.  She's a very nice, pretty, fun girl to be around.  Not the best girl, or even the best girl in Majikoi, but a worthy addition to the gigantic lineup.  I can't imagine anyone disliking her.  The rest of the visual novel may not be as compelling so it will take longer to beat, but so far so good.  There was a reason I was so pensive for this game, it really is that good.  The best parts of the route were the animated sword fight sequences and the gigantic number of cameos by the previous cast members from previous games.

No comments: