Blog Archive

Monday, September 4, 2023

Fatal Fury out in blu-ray:

It only took 30 years!  But now the old Fatal Fury oav's and movie are available with English subtitles in blu-ray over at nyaa.si.  This is a beautiful series with female nudity so blu-ray is a major upgrade compared to dvd.  These aren't scenes you want in low resolution.

I moved Fatal Fury from my great anime rankings to my great movie rankings because overall the series is too short, but it's still in a hall of fame either way and cannot be neglected.

Oregon State won their game, making the Pac-12 an unbeaten conference after their first week of play, 13-0.  This hasn't happened since 1932, and the conference was much smaller back then so basically this has never happened in history.  What a way for the final season of the Pac-12 to develop!  It's like out of some storybook.  It makes me really wish the conference hadn't dissolved after all.  So much talent in one place cast to the winds.

The American conference has also been destroyed.  On paper it still exists but all the good teams have left, including SMU now which has fled to the ACC.  I bet the Sun Belt conference has a higher caliber of football than the American these days.  There are only four conferences a national champion could conceivably emerge from, and that's the ACC, SEC, Big 10 and Big 12.  They may as well form a separate football division and only play each other from here on.

Florida State looked really good on offense and defense against LSU.  Those goal line stands were amazing.  But can they beat Georgia?  That's another question.

I'm reading a new manga with the long title, "Otome Game No Heroine De Saikyou Survival", about a dark and gritty version of the common trope of being born into the plot of an otome game.  It's decent so far but nothing special.  I'll take what I can get.  31 of the manga I'm following are no longer being translated into English.  67 are translated sporadically.  Only 11 are translated and released on a reliable schedule.  So a manga fan has to jump on anything on offer or you'll quickly have nothing to read.

I'm Not a Lolicon ends next month so my total number of manga I'm keeping tabs on won't change.

No comments: