Blog Archive

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Cyanotype Daydream Available:

A supposed 'kamige' (God-tier visual novel) is finally available in its uncensored, original, but still English translated form, Cyanotype Daydream.  Actually the patch for this game came out a week ago but close enough.  It can be found at nyaa.si like all other good things.

I've only played it for a bit but so far so good.  It has a good main character, good music, good art, I don't have any complaints.  If this can match Summer Pockets is another question.  It's just a relief to finally have a new visual novel to play after all this time.  Summer Pockets Reflection Blue was the last translated visual novel and that was ages ago.

Japan is in the quarterfinals of the Women's World Cup.  Soon we will see if USA can join them.

I finished rereading Chainfire.  It's so much worse than my own book, I had a hard time rereading this for the first time compared to rereading '100 Waifus' for the 37th time.  It made me want to go reread '100 Waifus' for a 38th time instead.  It takes way too long describing things that aren't that important, or repeating conversations that have already been said.  The whole book feels like wading through molasses.  I don't mind the plot, it's actually a really cool situation.  The whole world has forgotten about Kahlan except Richard and he has to go solve this sudden mystery.  It's a fun and unique story.  The problem is the delivery, it just wasn't told well.  Oh well, now I can stop reading Sword of Truth and focus on Cyanotype, so no harm done.

No comments: