Blog Archive

Friday, July 28, 2023

4 more songs flipped:

I promoted 'Goodbye & Good Day', 'Kimi no Hana,' 'Tabi no Tochuu' and 'Welcome to my Fanclub's Night' to 5-star, demoting Yasunori Mitsuda game music to make room.  The game music wasn't bad at all, it was really good, but at this point the only question I can ask myself is 'is it better than the alternative?'  Because keeping the instrumental game music means excluding these wonderful vocal pieces, and that's something I can't afford to do.  From the moment I heard these songs I thought to myself, "why on Earth is something this uniquely evocative and memorable not in my 5-star hall of fame?"

One way or another the room must be made.

Meanwhile, my editing of '100 Waifus' proceeds apace.  Ridiculously, there were still obvious spelling and grammar mistakes in need of correction, but at least they're fixed now.  There was also the traditional war on the words 'even,' and 'just,' this time I eliminated dozens of them and really cleaned the book up.  Sometimes I rephrased whole sentences in order to eliminate one 'even' or 'just.'  Anything to be rid of them!

In terms of content, I added half a sentence to Chapter 3, "Teletha looked at the cover of Full Metal Panic!, then back to my face, then back to the books again, unconsciously lifting the tip of her braid to whisk over her lips in contemplation."

Adding this mannerism adds verisimilitude to her character since it's something she often did in the original source work when mulling over something.

I'm at Chapter 41 in my reread so there are bound to be many more edits to come, but this has been quite the labor.  Many rereads I barely find anything to edit, but this time I've had to stop almost every page to change something.  On the bright side that means the 37th edition will be much better than what came before, and also that maybe this time I'll have caught all the errors and won't have to edit anything more after this time.

I finished watching Nier Automata.  It was barely good enough to watch, so I was somewhat depressed that a second season is upcoming.  It means I have to keep watching a series I thought would be mercifully over.  I have no idea why people like this franchise.

One Pace has finally completed its condensed version of the Baratie arc.  Now you can watch nonstop One Pace all the way up to Drum Island.  Maybe in another ten years it can catch up with what's currently being released.  >.<

Team USA didn't look very dominant in its 1-1 tie against Holland.  I guess we aren't winning the Cup this year.  China was pretty badass beating Haiti while playing a woman down the whole game due to an early red card.  Of course it was just Haiti, but still.  Today features 4 more World Cup games, busy busy busy.

No comments: