Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Outbreak Company Gaiden read:

Volume 19 of Outbreak Company became available four months ago, but I didn't notice until now.  I thought the series was over.  But in fact there was one more volume of Outbreak Company and now I've read it.  What a discovery!  Myusel and Petralka both marry Shinichi.  Myusel is fine with polygamy!  Petralka is a good girl, she's in my fictional character hall of fame, just not as good as Myusel.  But of course, if Myusel is fine with it, marrying Petralka makes infinite sense.  In fact it would be insane not to.  She's so beautiful and she loves Shinichi so much and she's the empress of the kingdom.  Wealth, fame, power, sex and love!  Your children will inherit the throne!

It was a very gratifying book to learn yet another famous and popular author had doubled down on polygamy.  Unlike the cowardly author of To Love ru, we now have Outbreak Company, Kanojo mo Kanojo and 100 Kanojo all coming to the same conclusion -- love should be enjoyed whenever the chance arises.

I of course updated '100 Waifus' with my updated knowledge of Myusel, changing a sentence to point out she was okay with polygamy even before being teleported to this new world and brainwashed by Cute-sama.  Meaning Myusel was the absolute perfect choice for Christopher from the very beginning, the ideal partner in this new world, something I didn't even know when I wrote the book, but now fits in perfectly as though I'd known it from the beginning.

It isn't actually a wild coincidence.  What happened is that the author of Outbreak Company and I were on the same wavelength, we both understood Myusel perfectly, and we both surmised she would work great in a polygamous harem.  So we both wrote a book about her being in one.  I wrote my version before he wrote his, but Myusel herself, just by being Myusel, really wrote it for both of us.

No comments: