Blog Archive

Monday, May 29, 2023

Ougimonogatari available:

The good news is another Bakemonogatari book has been translated, Ougimonogatari.  The bad news is in the time it took for this volume to be translated, a new Monogatari book has been released in Japan, so at this rate we'll never get to read the ending.  Maybe if Nisioisin would allow the series to end we could someday catch up, but that doesn't seem like it's happening any time soon.  Like Full Metal Panic and Shakugan no Shana, these writers never want to kill their babies.

I'm currently reading 'Air Apparent,' a Xanth book, so Ougimonogatari will have to wait a bit.  Then after Ougi I can read Index GT #8, which is still in the middle of being translated, but will surely be done once I have time for it.  There's a lot of exciting things to read right now, which is convenient because I'm still listening to my Octopath Traveler II soundtrack for its required 100 times.  The longer I listen to this soundtrack the more I like it.

The Eminence in Shadow S2 is airing earlier than expected, October of this year.  The fall anime season is shaping up to be excellent.  But Bleach on its own can carry the summer anime season just fine.  I already know what Shinji's bankai does thanks to the Bleach books, but I'm overjoyed to see that detail getting animated, it feels more 'official' this way.

No comments: