Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Rave finished:

I finished reading Rave, but it wasn't as good as I expected it to be.  For every good scene there was a bad scene.  For every good characterization there was a plot hole.  For every beautiful drawing there was some funky looking stupid-head.  This is my least favorite ranked manga because it left me dead inside from start to finish.  I couldn't empathize with anything that happened because it was all so fake and preposterous.  In the end the art really was the only selling point.  Down to #75th it goes.

200 chapters of manga should be more rewarding than this. . .  Oh well.  At least I fulfilled my own hype and read what I told others they should read.  There is no hypocrisy in any of my hall of fame recommendations.  But the next problem is, without 200 chapters of manga to read, with Dracu Riot done, and the next Red Wheel book not coming out until the 15th, I'm really in a pickle. . .

No comments: