Blog Archive

Monday, November 11, 2019

Dracu Riot Completed:

I finished the hidden character bonus route as well as Miu's route and finally finished Dracu Riot.  This was a game that came out in 2008 in Japan, then was translated sometime in 2015 or so, but disingenuously 'pulled' back off the internet and still hasn't had an official release since then.  Luckily I was on the ball and downloaded the translated Dracu Riot when I had the chance, so I went ahead and played it regardless.

This game had some really laugh out loud moments, so I can't be too hard on it.  But I came away not thinking anything special about anyone.  Elina was definitely the best girl, but even she was more funny than anything else.

I wouldn't say it's as good as the maddening but at least educational Hatsukoi 1/1, or the mesmerizing Sanoba Witch, much less a true masterpiece like Clannad, but it's definitely worth playing in full.

My next best visual novel prospect is To Heart 2, but I may just wait for whenever Ayoku no Eustia comes out and not bother with anything until then.

I also finished the newest Hai to Gensou no Grimgar volume.  This was a series of short stories focusing on the earlier era when things made sense and were down to Earth, so naturally it was a great book.  My favorite characters were featured -- Yume, Ranta, and even some Shihoru.

If the next book is as good as this one I hope it comes out soon.  There's a reason Hai to Gensou is my #1 value-added light novel series.

I have 85 chapters of Rave left to go.

No comments: