Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Love Live Sunshine Season 2 out in blu-ray:

It took a full year, but Love Live Sunshine S2, one of the highlights of 2017, is now available for viewing, subtitled in English, in blu-ray quality, in 2018.  All thanks to nyaa.si where the torrent can be found.

So far Uchi no Musume no Tame Naraba's novel version is much worse than the manga version I fell in love with.  I guess Latina's cuteness really requires drawings to convey.  I may as well keep plugging along, though, as my alternatives would only be stuff like Hatsukoi 1/1 or Sanaba Witch.

I'm still waiting for the earth shattering series on level with Clannad or Code Geass to come out.  Where did those go?  No matter how many series I search through nothing is as moving as what has already come before.

Takahiro has a new manga coming out, Matoseihei no Slave, so maybe that will do the trick.  Rumiko Takahashi also has a new manga planned, so that's nice.  There's a new Precure planned, Star Twinkle, but I doubt this franchise will ever return to its former glory.  They've somehow just lost the spark that went into the earlier years.

At a time when nothing new is really happening, the opportunity to rewatch an old, solid series like Love Live! Sunshine! for the first time in blu-ray is especially fortuitous.

No comments: