Blog Archive

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Odin Sphere Music:

I'm always interested in music composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto or Masaharu Iwata.  The tricky part is figuring out who composed what, especially when the details are all hidden by a group name called 'basiscape.'  This is why I've ignored all basiscape credited games, because it's too much fuss trying to find the composers I like and give them their proper credits.

Luckily for Odin's Sphere there was a website that identified at least some of the songs and who composed which, so I was able to download the targeted songs from at least this game.  It led to a rather nice haul of 7 new hall of fame songs, 4 by Iwata and 3 by Sakimoto.

If there were some way to treat all basiscape soundtracks similarly, I could get hundreds of new songs, but I don't know that way.  I guess Odin Sphere will have to do for now.

No comments: