Blog Archive

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls Rewatched:

It took a couple years, but I finally got around to rewatching Idolm@ster: Cinderella Girls.  Sadly, it never did come out in blu-ray, so I just had to rewatch the tv version.  Now watch it suddenly all come out in blu-ray -- just like what happened with Utawarerumono 2. . .

The Cinderella Girls were too gimmicky -- probably because there were too many of them and that was the only way to tell them apart.  Their drama was normally manufactured melodrama rather than anything anyone could take seriously.  And the 'villains' weren't very compelling either.  The only good thing I can say about the series is all the girls were gorgeous.  I guess it also had some nice humor sometimes.

But oh well, as expected of a show I put off even later than Macross 7, this wasn't something I was exactly looking forward to.  The original Idolm@ster (not the Xenoglossia one) is the only true Idolm@ster to me.  The rest, including this side-m series coming this fall, may as well all be filler.

But as promised, anything in my rankings I will not only watch in full but also rewatch.  Cinderella Girls took longer than average, but like all the other shows I've fulfilled my vow.

Meanwhile, I finished Lazy Dungeon Master.  It's still being written, but I'm up to date with the latest translated release, so there's nothing more I can do there.  I don't think it's as good a series as any in my good books hall of fame, but like many other books that didn't make my rankings I still like it.  The humor at least is top class.  I also like the focus on economics, and the fact that the hero is fine with killing bad people.


No comments: