Blog Archive

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Breaking Down Madonna:

I liked Madonna for her role in League of Her Own and her Frozen song.  I got a few cd's of hers, but never thought much of her.  Madonna is dead last among my featured girl rock singers.  She's an American, but her parents were both the children of immigrants or immigrants or something.  Anyway, she's half French and half Italian, so not a typical American.  This makes her the first singer outside the British Empire, no wonder she's the worst. . .

Out of Madonna's 41 songs, 24 are listenable, 12 are actual music, and 5 are masterpieces.  Anyone who can produce a masterpiece is worthy of respect.  I don't much like Madonna's politics, persona, or behavior, but she's created beautiful music so I can respect that.

Next up is a real contestant for the title of the best -- Sarah Brightman.

No comments: