Blog Archive

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Nyaa.si

Nyaa torrents have reformed as nyaa.si

Now people can get back to downloading all their favorite stuff again.  If the seeds return, that is.  But at least the framework is back in order.  I'm in the process of reclaiming my lost blu-ray Fresh Pretty Cure episodes that I was so rudely interrupted from when nyaa.se went down.

Meanwhile, I went through my 1 star tales list in order to find the most promising songs that should be promoted.  Once I did that, I sent them on up to the 2 star video game music list, and took a bunch of under 20 second long jingles from the 2 star to make up the difference and put them in the 1 star list.  As a result, even the one star list is composed of multiple franchises, and has been renamed to fit all the other playlists my 1 star video game music list, (276 songs strong)

All the other lists, from 2 star to 6 star, are composed of 700 songs, for a total of 3,776 songs, who all live in happy harmony together on my 0 star video game music list.

I kept the downgraded jingles from my 2 star list with hearts on, so if I come across a disappointing song, I can immediately grab one of the hearted songs and swap the two.  The disappointment will go live in the 1 star basement and the jingle will serve as a reliable, inoffensive placeholder wherever it is called upon.

My 0 star video game music playlist, repository of all my video game music treasure, reports a full attendance of 1,699 Tales songs vs. 1,527 Final Fantasy songs.  Tales wins the sumo wrestling aspect by a narrow 172 extra entries.

The remainder are spread between the likes of Ogre Battle, Tactics Ogre, Ogre Battle 64, Tactics Ogre - Knight of Lodis, Star Ocean 3, Lunar 1-2, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Xenosaga 1-3,  etc.

All these other franchises only have 550 songs to their name, but they make up the difference with quality.  Some of the best music comes from these non-affiliateds, as anyone who knows anything about video game music knows.  They're an important spice to my rice and beans FF/Tales, which marinate the whole delicious dish.

The long-awaited New Game ova came out today.  The translation was dubious but it served, so be sure to check it out.  In six weeks we'll be enjoying a whole new season of this lovely show.

Trinoline is getting a sequel in Japan, Trinoline Genesis.  This just makes me all the more excited for the original which is being translated as we speak.

No comments: