Blog Archive

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Joukamachi no Dandelion Bluray:

Quickly following after the release of subtitled School Days bluray, comes subtitled Joukamachi no Dandelion bluray.  Now's your chance to rewatch this epic show in its most perfect form.  Or watch it for the first time, if you've somehow neglected it until now.

The anime differs slightly from the manga, which is always bad, but it also has some important advantages.  A) The manga isn't fully translated, unlike the anime.  B)  The anime has vivid colors, unlike the manga.  C) The anime is animated, unlike the manga.  D)  The anime has great music, unlike the manga.  E)  The anime has Kana Hanazawa and Yui Ogura lending their voices to Akane and Hikari, unlike the manga.

The manga should be read, if or when it ever is released translated, to take into account the differences from the anime, and to also see what happens after where the anime ends, but at the same time the anime is a must-see as well in order to absorb all those bonuses.

With Hello! Kiniro Mosaic done, and my having already seen School Days multiple times before, Joukamachi is my newest priority.  My standard of excellence is that every anime I name great I must eventually watch at least twice through, and now that Joukamachi is out in bluray it's time to deliver on that promise with this show as well.

Meanwhile, I'm up to volume 6 of Hataraku Maou-sama!  Similar to my promise to watch all anime I title great twice, it's my intention to read every light novel series I list in my good books hall of fame that's translated and therefore possible to read, whenever said light novels exceed the content already to be found in their anime adaptions.  For some reason this super popular anime never got a sequel, so light novel time it is.  Hataraku Maou-sama!, Baccano, Spice and Wolf and Unlimited Fafnir are all on my to-do list light novel wise.  A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, though, and completing volume 5 of Hataraku Maou-sama! makes my goal that one step closer to completion.

No comments: