Blog Archive

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

February 14th, 2009

“My Soft Sea.”

Cradled against your breast,
my head upon the softest, sweetest sea.
Lulled by rising and falling breath,
listening to the heart–beating for me.

“The Song of Life.”

There are songs of day, and of night,
lark and robin, thrush and owl.
So many songs, in so many throats,
all crying, wishing, pining, wooing.
All songs pleading the tiniest of things:
to me, my love. to me. to me.
Life’s calling upon all life:
to me. to me. to me

“A Mountain Stream.”

The trees filtered sunlight upon a mountain stream,
finding two lovers, clad in spray and gleam.
They sparkled, and glistened, and shone,
like two suns of their very own.

–by Diamed. It’d be fun if commentors added in their own love poems. Here’s your chance to be read by the world. :).

No comments: