Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Index GT 16 read:

Index GT volume 16 was recently fully translated, so I took a break from Koujo Denka to read it instead.  It was an excellent volume, letting Touma enjoy his time with girls at school instead of putting him into combat and a hospital like he usually suffers.  A grounded volume with minor stakes is the mark of a superior author.  If you can get people interested in life without risking the end of the world, then you're on to something.  Sadly near the end of the book a new world menace is unveiled, Reflex, another girl like Index, but the book ends shortly after so it doesn't do much to mar the volume's charm.

I also finished Koujo Denka volume 12.  All the kingdom's enemies other than the church are finally defeated in this volume, but the church remains untouched, so the war continues.  As for the romance Lydia remains the focus of the story, making the romance suck.  If the next 7 volumes travel down this rut Koujo Denka will never surpass Spice & Wolf in my rankings.

Myori's route in Tenpure!! was better than expected because the cute loli ojou-sama Matsuri had a larger role than I expected.  It turns out Myori is Matsuri's older sister.  But the route isn't over yet.  I also need to complete one more after story to finish Happiness 2.  The abundance of projects I'm simultaneously juggling. . .

No comments: