I found a website that hosted the fully translated Sakura, Saku manga and finally got to read the ending. This is one of my hall of fame manga so it's a pretty big deal to see it to fruition. The last few chapters were simple and sweet. Since everyone in the story was a good person, all that was needed to erase the drama was some honest communication.
Io Sakisaka's latest manga is Yume ka, Utsutsuka. But it's no longer being translated because it's been licensed. I'm okay with Io making a little more money by selling her works outside of Japan, but it means it will take years before the 'official' version catches up with the 'unofficial' version, so essentially we as fans just lose out on a product we could have had by now.
Yume ka, Utsutsuka is also in my manga hall of fame, so the long wait for this manga simply replaces the previous long wait for Sakura, Saku.
I finished the Akatsuki no Yona epilogue, which now officially ends the series, a year after the series already ended. It was excellent, as expected of my 6th favorite manga.
I also finished some more manga that were hosted on the same site that I couldn't find anywhere else -- Saikyou no Tsue, I Will Survive Using Potions and Tensei Kyuuketsuki Ohirune Shitai. These series were more about the art quality than the plot quality, but it's nice to finish anything no matter how trivial.
More importantly, I caught up on Demons Crest, 100 Girlfriends and a few other series that other manga hosting websites weren't updating but this site was. I wonder if the Demons Crest anime will get to the material I'm now reading in the manga. . . it's all so awesome, I hope it does.
It's nice to see Orihime fight valiantly against Ywach, but I won't accept any change to the manga canon, where Ichigo lives happily ever after with Orihime, marries her and has a son named Kazui. '100 Waifus' is based off of that canon ending. That is the true ending of Bleach, whatever this anime does next. They can kill Orihime off in the anime if they want, it means nothing to me, because I know the real ending already, and that doesn't happen. The anime is so bad about Orihime they don't even get her eye color right -- her eyes are gray, not brown. How can you mess something that simple up?
There are dozens of valuable manga that aren't being translated at all anymore, which is a crying shame. Zettai Karen Children is a huge loss to the English speaking world. Other notable losses are Release that Witch (so now we're doubly screwed, with no anime or manga), Futari Ecchi, Kenja no Mago, Tales of Crestoria, Tales of Eternia, Tales of Destiny 2, Hyakuren Haou and Sore ga Seiyuu. I wouldn't even need to buy Tales of Eternia Remastered if someone had translated the manga in full. I would have been perfectly happy to experience the story in that manner instead.
At least I'm able to make progress in Heaven Burns Red. I got all six thunderbolt rings to max level, which powers up my critical penetration and thunder squads. My thunder squad promptly got a new high score in the score challenge via leveraging the new rings, which gave new title ranks to my squad members. Sumomo reached the pivotal rank 10 which gave her a new skill slot, which she can actually use effectively. My ice squad also got some title rank upgrades fighting the latest score challenge, but nothing as notable. I got feral Chie to limit break level 2, which helps out my light squad.
No comments:
Post a Comment