Blog Archive

Friday, August 21, 2026

Heaven Burns Red 4.0:

Heaven Burns Red has released a new version of the game that makes a few things simpler and faster to do, while releasing a new event, a new score challenge, a new dungeon, etc.  It's so much content that I'm not tackling the event today.  Instead I concentrated on all the new recruiting and powering up chances.

I spent $165 to get a bunch of new SS Memorias and limit breaks.  Most of the limit breaks were useless, but there were some good ones -- I got wedding dress Yingxia to level 2.5, base Hisame to level 3.5, imp Yayoi to level 4, base Charlotta to level 4 -- and three brand new SS Memorias -- demon lord Bon Ivar, white suit Carole, and cook Vritika.  Cook Vritika is already at level 1 limit break.

I got Karen to title rank 13, the highest of all my seraphs, with a bunch of others at rank 12, by scoring a new high score record of 2.5 million points.  I got two powerful new thunder rings, one is already at max upgrades.  I could score higher than ever because imp Yayoi at limit break level 4 is stronger than ever, which makes my critical penetration squad stronger than ever.  I also got a new eternal daphne, which I'll likely use on demon lord Bon Ivar, because she's got a lot of potential.

Charlotta is my fifth favorite character in the game, so it's a relief to finally get her to max limit break/level.  It's crazy how long this game takes to do basic things.  Charlotta also got her skill evolution for the first time today.

Meanwhile, I watched Song of the Samurai on HBO Max.  It's a live-action adaption of the Chiruran manga, and excellently done.  I wish I could keep reading the manga but it's never been translated into English, so this adaption is all we get.  I wish they'd make a season 2 so I could see more of this riveting history of the Shinsengumi and the Meiji Restoration as a whole.

I finished Rino's route in Happiness 2 and am well into Shio's route in Tenpure!!.  Shio is basically a clone of Nemu but with higher definition art and beautiful rainbow eyes that fade from blue to green.  Nemu is mai waifu, so a character who is in much the same situation as Nemu and behaves the same as Nemu is also lovely.  I added Shio to my wonderful hall of fame.  It's okay for Shio to resemble Nemu because Circus made both games.  They have the right to plagiarize themselves.  Shio's wonderful theme song is 'Shinjitsu no Uta,' a love song from Inuyasha which fits her snugly.

I also added Cana back into my wonderful hall of fame from Fairy Tail.  She was kicked out mainly because her name overlapped with too many other characters, but that concern is relevant to '100 Waifus,' it isn't an issue with my wonderful list.  I gave Lyon the Girei theme song, which is a Naruto theme, not a Fairy Tail theme, but it's by the same composer as composed for Fairy Tail, so it still fits in nicely.  Meanwhile Cana got 'The Endless Adventure,' a cheerful and whimsical Fairy Tail tune that fits her.

My next route in Happiness 2 is Shizuku's, who is voiced by Mai Kadowaki, the voice of Illyasviel, who is also mai waifu.  Shizuku is also very pretty, but her personality is a little twisted, so she'll probably go down as a solid but not wonderful girl.

I'm also making good progress in Fantasian, beating a lot of new bosses and getting new powerful equipment and skills.  I'm juggling all these different projects while college football is slated to resume in a week.  The fun is non-stop.

No comments: