Blog Archive

Saturday, June 1, 2024

25 songs flipped, 2 songs fixed, 1 song exchanged:

I've finished listening to my 4-star tier of music and achieved many important tasks.  I found a bunch of overvalued songs to demote and exchanged them with all the most promising 3-star songs.  Actually there were still a lot of overvalued songs in the 4-star tier, which means if I find any future good music I'll know what to demote to make room, which is always nice.  The same was true of the 3-star, 2-star and 1-star tiers.  I know what to demote when I get new music for all of them, so it won't be a problem to fit new music in.

Humorously 'Full Bloom in the Breeze' is back to 4-star.  This song keeps bouncing back and forth like a yo-yo.  Overall a bunch of Fire Emblem Engage and Enya songs were promoted to 4-star this time, they were both artists I was underestimating.  The 4-star tier, especially with these revisions, is now so good it could easily be mistaken for the 5-star tier.  In fact there are 17 songs I'd like to promote to 5-star if only there were room.  So many of the 4-star songs were previously demoted 5-star songs it feels like I have two 5-star tiers.  Nevertheless, there is a clear edge of quality between the two tiers, all the most emotional and divine songs are safely nestled in the highest tier.  It's only at the margins they overlap.

I never found a full soundtrack of Eiyuuden Chronicles, but I managed to find one good song I could download, 'Flags of Brave,' which I listened to 100 times and then gave a 1-star rating.  It replaces the forgettable 'confession' from Soul Calibur.

I also found a second erroneously overwritten song in the 4-star tier -- Omega from Xenosaga had somehow been turned into Premonition from Xenogears.  Omega has now been properly restored.  I believe that's the last overwritten song because the 5-star tier has always been the predator in these overwrites, never the prey.  Nevertheless I'll be listening to the 5-star tier next just to make sure.  It's nice having my actual music hall of fame back though.  What a stupid problem.

I demoted 'Song of Departure,' 'People of the Marketplace', 'General Lee at Twilight', 'at the bar' and 'Ayla's Theme' from 5-star to 4-star, promoting 'Ankoku Outei Beld', 'White Spell' and 'What a Wonderful World' from 4-star to 5-star, which finally evened out all my tiers at a perfect 1100 a piece.  Now I can officially say my music hall of fame has never been better, or better organized.

All the nitty-gritty details can be found in my newly updated music hall of fame permapost.

No comments: