Blog Archive

Friday, April 5, 2024

Unicorn Overwhelmed:

Now I've completed the postgame content as well.  I defeated the epilogue quest, a wonderful fight with dark mirrors of my own units as well as all the bosses of the game.  To do so I used a lot of fevrite to give my troops top class gear, leveled my lower level troops to 40 against the phantom sigils, and organized, organized, organized.  You can achieve so much just through proper organizing of your troops.  Giving them the right gambits, the right equipment, putting them in the right positions, and putting the right 5 people together in the first place.  This game is all about organization.

I dug up all the treasure in the world which gave my squads the advanced equipment they needed.  I defeated the coliseum and got the onyx pendant.  I repaired and stationed a guard in every city in the world, and so on.  This was a full clear of the game.  There is only one trophy I'm missing from getting a platinum trophy for the game, and I assume that trophy is based on winning the game on the newly unlocked higher difficulty.  I've come so far now it would be foolish to let this platinum trophy get away, so I've already restarted the game on the higher difficulty, determined to this time make clear I am the true Overlord.

It's questionable whether I'll seize this opportunity to create totally different troop combinations in my squads to find out if there's new synergies I can explore.  Honestly I feel like I had found the perfect recipe by the end of the game and any other mix of troops will only be weaker than what I already had.  But we'll see.  It would be fun to make the gameplay a little different from before.

Full Bloom in the Breeze turned out to have overshot its worth, so I demoted it back down to three-star only moments after promoting it.  Instead Summoned Beast Battle from FF 10 took the 4-star position.

Henjin no Salad Bowl was really good as expected.  The blonde twintailed princess with pink highlights is like a moe dream come true.  I assume I'll do a spring anime first impressions at some point, but there's no time for that now.  March Madness is also resuming today.

No comments: