Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Tropical Rouge Precure out in bluray subtitled:

[Gelatin] continues bluraying the Precure series for the benefits of all fans.  Pretty Cure, as the name suggests, focuses a lot on the beauty of the heroines and their amazing costumes, so a bluray high definition fidelity is a big boost for this show.  This is helpful to me because I still, technically, am undergoing a project to rewatch all of Pretty Cure, though I stopped at episode 15 across the board due to all these games arriving one after another.  Eventually the games will run out, Pretty Cure will resume, and this bluray will come in handy.

I put everything back on pause so that I could play Unicorn Overlord for a third time.  This time I resolved to up the difficulty yet further -- no use of luminous urns, any unit dying is a game over requiring I restart the stage.  In addition I killed Aramis so that the plot would change and that led to a chain reaction of lots of other characters not joining my army.  This let me do crazy new things like create a party of 5 werefox mercenaries.  This time I didn't use Josef (the overleveled character you get at the beginning).  In addition, I didn't use the broken trinity staff combo this time around, because it trivializes the content, and I wanted to actually play the game not rape it.  So the game is totally different this third time from the previous two.  One cool trick I pulled was managing to get the Holy Unicorn Sword before hitting level 30 and even learning spinning edge.  And all fairly this time too.

My squads this time are very thematic.  I have a knight squad of 5 knights, a cleric squad of 5 healers, an archer squad of 5 archers, a mage squad of 5 mages, a werefox squad of 5 werefoxes, everybody has their own specialized role to play and does that one job well.  Nevertheless, some of the squads are a motley assortment of characters you'd never think work well together except they really do.  One fun squad I never imagined before this third run uses Ochlys, Nina, Lex and Monica.  Somehow these four all cover each other's weaknesses and are practically unkillable.

I'm making my way through Albion on this extreme difficulty mode.  Today I finally beat the Colosseum and got my onyx pendant as the champ.  My units were levels 30-35 taking on level 50 opponents so I'm pretty happy with my organizational skills.

I am listening to Unicorn Overlord's music 100 times as required, actually by playing the game for 300 hours I've easily listened to all the songs that much, but I'm also listening to the music as itunes songs on top of that.  But it will be a while.  I also upranked the relative worth of Unicorn Overlord compared to all other gaming franchises, now that I see how replayable it is.  It's now my 8th favorite franchise, right behind FF Tactics.  It's left Ogre Battle in the dust.  Since I want to honor this game as much as possible, I also enshrined it in my fictional character hall of fame, adding five people from it, tying Granblue Fantasy's honor roll:  Scarlett, Alain, Rosalinde, Etolinde and Melisandre.  Alain is a great leader and hero, the perfect archetypical prince.  The other four are the most beautiful girls in the game and his best love interests, as well as being powerful warriors in their own right.  No matter how many times I play through the game these four girls are always in my active army.  Unicorn Overlord marks the first time my fictional character hall of fame has more honorees than the 1,112 found in '100 Waifus.'  The two honor rolls will continue to grow apart from here.  It's the start of a bright new dawn.

No comments: