Blog Archive

Sunday, October 30, 2022

Selection Project out in blu-ray:

I've been waiting way too long for this moment.  Because it took too long, I had to rewatch Selection Project before it came out in bluray.  But better late than never.  Now I have an excuse to rewatch this series for the third time.  But I can't do that right now, because I'm busy still completing my rewatch of all remaining anime that hasn't been rewatched yet.  That includes 13 series so this project is going to take quite a while.  It's good to have Selection Project bluray in my back pocket though, it will burnish my archive and definitely come in handy someday.  As usual it can be found at nyaa.si.

The final show of the fall season came out, Arknights Reimei.  It has good art and animation but an uninspiring plot.  You're plunked down into a dystopia of eternal war, out of control plague and continuous natural disasters that make cities uninhabitable.  Also you have amnesia.  Good luck.  At least there are cat and bunny girls, but really, at this point, who cares.  The world is already over, romancing a cat girl won't lead to anything, she'll just die soon and your kids will die soon too.  Now, obviously, somehow this story is going to turn everything around and you'll live happily ever after, but it will be due to such contrived ass pulls, it will be so unrealistic how you got from here to there, that it won't be satisfying at all.  You'll be mentally rebelling the entire time.  So, like most of the fall season's new shows, fail.

Actually, out of all the new shows I didn't already know about and like, only Mushikaburi Hime didn't fail.  Even Mushikaburi Hime is nothing special, a watchable, decent show.  Unlike the amazing, absolutely surprising Uma Musume, anime didn't have any surprises this time around.  But that's okay because the non-surprisingly good shows are manifold -- Ken Tensei, Eminence in Shadow, Urusei Yatsura, Bleach, Spy x Family -- we're rolling in good shows right now.

I've started the new Star Ocean game and it's okay.  I'm not very fond of the character designs despite the good graphics.  The fighting system is clunky and hard to control.  I mostly buy rpg's for the plot and the plot seems promising enough, so hopefully everything will work out.  The biggest problem I have is before this I was playing Xenoblade 3 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses, so every game in comparison looks so awful.  There's such an infinite gap.

Western entertainment has been a total flop.  The new James Bond movie (No Time to Die) was okay in abstract.  Everyone wants to protect their wife and daughter, save the world, and die heroically after shooting over a hundred terrorists with amazing Rainbow 6 skills.  But it wasn't a Bond movie.  There was no romance, no humor, no gadgets, no spying.  They just took a generic action film and slapped the word 'Bond' on it.  Rings of Power was even worse.  It's unwatchably bad.  And I'm not even talking about all the random blacks everywhere, that isn't the problem.  The problem is every main character is a stupid, rude criminal.  They aren't inspiring or interesting in any way.  From my point of view it would be fine if Sauron won.  If this is the world without Sauron then screw it.  Also for some bizarre reason half the time the already slow as hell tv series literally goes into slow motion.  Literal ----- slow ----- motion.  Nothing happens.  I cannot believe it.  It's like a torture designed in hell.

Maybe House of the Dragon was better?  I sure hope so, but I've got better stuff to do than watch it right now.  As things stand western entertainment has totally struck out.

No comments: