Blog Archive

Saturday, August 6, 2022

MIX S2 green-lit:

This is a great announcement for a great anime adapting the greatest of manga-ka, Mitsuru Adachi.  MIX is a continuation of his most popular hit, Touch, so the superlatives reach to the sky.  Touch/MIX is already rated quite highly in my top anime rankings so I don't think another season will change much, especially since I doubt this next season will reach the conclusion of the story.  Moving from one cliffhanger to another really doesn't help much.  It's just another chance to enjoy Adachi's unique mix of baseball, humor and romance.  I hope Adachi lives long enough to finish MIX, I can never get enough of his style.  More importantly, I hope the manga is fully adapted into an anime or at least fully translated in its manga form so I can actually enjoy said ending, something very much in doubt.

MIX was on my anime wishlist, so now that the wish is fulfilled it's time to replace it with a new wish.  I decided on Sakura, Saku getting an anime as my newest great manga hall of famer deserves an upgrade to the big screen.  Ao Haru Ride and Omoi, Omaware got anime so it isn't impossible that Sakura, Saku might one day as well.

Kizunairo Ensemble reached my 4-star music hall of fame, a distinguished rank but not perfect like the previous Suara songs were.  To make room I had to demote other songs, the details of which can be found in my good music permapost.

No comments: