Blog Archive

Monday, August 29, 2022

Last Boss Beaten:

By the time I finished Nia and Melia's hero quests I was already max level, so I figured I may as well go and beat the bonus super monsters scattered around the world.  I beat the Aionious 5, then got to see the extra cut scene where we brag about our strength and decide to take on a super strong foe in Swordmarch.  I beat this last boss on my first try and now the game is truly over.  I've completed every quest in the game and beat the strongest foe in the game.  The trick was to use lots of healers -- Nia, two Signifiers, and a Soultaker healer, as well as two tanks, and only one dps -- Sena -- who I controlled personally.  These healers were all equipped with fast-revival skills so whenever someone dropped they would immediately get back up again.  So long as the two tanks survived the boss' aoe's it was still okay.  One tank would occupy the boss while the other would rush around reviving everyone.  The quick revival gem, skill and 'emergency bracelet' accessory all worked together to make my army into some sort of immortal zombie army.  We wouldn't stay down.

Now I'm back to playing Live A Live, a game so much worse than Xenoblade 3 it's laughable.  But it's still better than nothing.

Recently the second part of the Final Season of Shingeki no Kyojin came out in blu-ray, so I can resort to that if necessary.  For now I'm rewatching Shikkakumon for the first time to prove it's worthy of its great ranking, so that takes first priority.  Also, the football season is starting quite soon.  Nebraska already played a thrilling close game with Northwestern in 'week 0.'

If necessary I could subscribe to HBO Max and Amazon+ and watch the new House of the Dragon and Rings of Power series too, so my entertainment options are manifold.  None of these things are a match for the perfection that was Xenoblade 3, but they're not chopped liver either.

No comments: