Blog Archive

Friday, July 8, 2022

Mami Kawada +4:

Mami Kawada had a fantastic career that was relatively short, so if I want to listen to more of her songs I need to be more openminded about her previous hits.  It's true that the Shakugan no Shana songs I added to my music hall of fame are worse than the ones that were already there, but compared to everybody else they were still better.  That was the mistake I made up until now, I wasn't comparing the right things.

Kawada's 'a frame,' 'JOINT,' 'Prophecy', and 'Sense' all join my music hall of fame, all from Shakugan.  JOINT and Sense are 5-star songs, Prophecy 4-star and 'a frame' 3-star.  This propels Kawada's overall score as a composer to 172, tied with yozuca*.  To make room I dropped longer songs for the sole sin of being long, which is now customary, as well as Omega and Hinata vs. Neji from their 5-star positions for not measuring up.  Omega takes too long to really get moving and Hinata vs. Neji is a little stale and repetitive, especially when you listen to it as often as I have.

Meanwhile, Prima Doll debuted.  It's a promising and very pretty beginning.  I love all the kimonos.  But right now the setting doesn't make sense and there is no plot.  It's going to take time to develop this story, it isn't easy to relate like Tokyo Mewmew.  Pass.

No comments: