Blog Archive

Thursday, July 16, 2020

'In Another World with 100 Waifus' Read and Edited for the 23rd time:

The final section was pretty clean, I only had to edit a couple words for improved clarity.  That's a relief.  It feels like the book really can be presented to the outside world without embarrassment now.

With the 19 name changes since the 22nd read-through, this was the first time I read the book with the fully fictional character hall of fame in place.  It worked brilliantly.  I don't even feel any special need to improve it any further.  Granted, new series will come out with new cool characters who deserve to be included, but the book is already published.  I can't keep updating it forever.  This may be the right time to say 'good enough,' and let it be.

People will understand if a fictional character from the future isn't in a book from the past.

I'll re-read this book for a 24th time eventually, because the plan has always been to keep re-reading the book until I no longer find any errors, and I did find errors even this time around, so 24 it is, but I suspect I won't have to fix anything and the book is currently in its final form.  There were already so few things to fix this time, what could possibly be left?

If I stop worrying about the fictional character hall of fame I can enjoy a job well done, something I've been seeking for two years now.

That isn't to say I didn't enjoy my 23rd re-read.  I loved it.  The sexy scenes were still as sexy as ever.  It's unbelievable.  I never get accustomed to them, they still hit like a ton of bricks.  The dialogue is still full of wisdom and humor.  The children's names are a beautiful honor roll of all the greatest stories ever told.  The society depicted is the closest thing to heaven humanity will ever reach.  There's 101 romances packed into this tiny tome bursting with passion.  The only thing I can compare this story to is divine writ.  The only books re-read 23 times other than '100 Waifus' are religious texts so the description is spot-on.  It even has an updated and far superior Ten Commandments.

Someone else re-read their favorite book 23 times in less than two years and then they can contest my claim that this is the best book ever written.  But by then I might just have read '100 Waifus' for the 24th time.  :).

And it's not just me who loves this story.  Recently it received a 9th 5-star (top) rating over at Scribble Hub.  There are people out there who agree with my appraisal.  I'm not a lone voice in the wilderness, this is genuinely something extremely special.  Anyone who frequents this blog should be even more receptive to the story than anyone at Scribble Hub, so there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be reading this book and giving it a positive comment too:

https://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2019/02/in-another-world-with-100-waifus-part-1.html

https://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2019/02/in-another-world-with-100-waifus-part-2.html

https://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2019/02/in-another-world-with-100-waifus-part-3.html

https://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2019/03/in-another-world-with-100-waifus-part-4.html

https://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2019/05/in-another-world-with-100-waifus-part-7.html

No comments: