Blog Archive

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Good Music 16.0:

Due to the blogger word limits, I had more Good Music to list than could fit in a single post.  Since all the music in my music hall of fame is worthy of mention, the only solution was to split the post into two parts.  Each part has the important header information, but the list of songs is cut in two.  Now every song is listed in either part 1 or part 2, in nice clean arranged fashion, alphabetically by artist.

This also allows me to add additional songs without worrying about going over the word limit.  My music can expand indefinitely like this.

It's been a year of adding and subtracting songs since my previous revamp of this permapost, so the song list was starting to look pretty messy up until now.  This kills two birds with one stone.

I've now listened to every song in my music hall of fame at least 40 times, even the newly introduced Nobuo Uematsu ones.  The goal is to listen to them all 100 times, to prove they're just that adorable, but that will take a few more years.

There's no way I could listen to these songs this many times if I didn't truly love them, so I'm putting actions behind my words and showing I never give lip service to these halls of fame.  I back it up by enjoying the things I love with all my heart and soul.  Whether it's listening to music 100 times, watching all great anime twice, or reading 'In Another World With 100 Waifus' 11 times.

As for my anime project, I'm finally getting back to 8,600 great anime episodes/movies in my hall of fame today.  Just 400 more to go to reclaim the 'over 9,000!' banner.  This will probably take a couple more years too.

As far as watching and rewatching all great anime in full, I'm currently rewatching Fairy Tail.  I have it timed such that by the time the series ends, I'll be able to rewatch the newest portion in one smooth whole from the beginning to the end.  That's how all series are meant to be watched, not with ten year gaps in your memory inbetween.  In a sense it will be the first time I'll be watching Fairy Tail as it was intended to be seen.

I'll have no problem rewatching everything within the 3 year time limit of when it first aired I set myself.  I'm well on track to meet that schedule.

Alongside a 10 terabyte external hard drive to archive my enormous anime collection (you'll need 10 terabytes if you want over 9,000 episodes/movies in blu-ray quality), I've also purchased a new 50' 4k HD TV to watch it all with.  At just $278 (taxes increased that to $300) it felt like a steal.  I'll also be using this new tv alongside the PS5, which is projected to be a 4k video game player as the default.  I wouldn't want my video games to be distorted by a tv too weak to handle the graphical quality, so 4k at this point is pretty much a requirement.

The PS5 is also a requirement because FF 7 Remake will mostly be published as a PS5 series.  Not only do I love FF 7, I love specifically Aerith and Tifa in 4k HD TV graphics and want to see them at their best at any price.

The PS5 is probably coming out in November of 2020.  Until it gets a must-have game, though, there's no point in purchasing one.  The real beginning of the PS5 era is when FF7 Remake Part 2 comes out.

College football starts next week, August 24th, so it will be good to have a big tv for that too.

The month of August has been really dull, with nothing of interest coming out or starting up this entire time.  But luckily that all ends tomorrow, with Outbreak Company volume 10's release.  After that comes the Heaven's Feel movie, the Youjo Senki movie, college football, Dimension W volume 15, etc.  The floodgates open and entertainment is set to rush through.

No comments: