Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Dimension W volume 15:

Dimension W volume 15 came out translated today at Amazon.  The scanlators will release the volume for free eventually, but who wants to wait that long?  I read it the instant purchase was possible.

There was very little Mira this time around, instead focusing on Kyoma and Elizabeth.  That's fine, they're great characters too.  I had no idea that the convection of the mantle was important to maintaining the warm surface temperature of the Earth.  The things manga will teach you.  It was a fine volume, but it of course ends on a cliffhanger.  What we need is the next and final volume, #16, to tell us how everything plays out.  I'll be anxious to purchase that one too the moment it becomes available.

I'm slowly but steadily working through 'In Another World With 100 Waifus' for a 12th time, reading and editing as I go.  I corrected the appearance descriptions of Mira and Sakura Kinomoto, some proofreading errors, and switched out some children's names for more suitable choices.  Each change has a cascading effect on other portions of the book so they were edited too.  Will the editing ever cease?  The moment I can read through the book and not see an obvious error, I'll be more than happy to stop, but so long as the book is full of stupid mistakes there's no way I can leave them be.  As always the plot hasn't been affected in any way, so the editing is more for the sake of future readers than past readers.

The Youjo Senki movie I had been counting on to entertain me still hasn't come out subbed.  Due to that, I still can't read the translated light novels that occur after the movie's ending, either.  Such a bummer.

Because the anime works fine, I corrected the 'how to read Berserk' guide in my good manga hall of fame permapost.  Now it tells people what chapters to read to fill in the portions not covered by the anime, while not wasting people's time reading manga chapters that were covered by the anime.  No one else will have to suffer like me.

I'm slowly but steadily nearing the completion of my Berserk manga re-read as well.  Just 44 chapters to go.

Berserk is one of 25 anime in my top anime rankings that shows girls' nipples, or 1/8 of all great anime.  Many more anime show bare breasts with mysteriously missing nipples, but they're more annoying than rewarding due to how ridiculous they look.  Most of the anatomically correct shows were made in ancient times, as Japan has grown more and more prudish over time, no doubt influenced by the wider world's American installed standards.  Someday I wish anime would just animate Da Capo III with all its sex scenes intact and say 'screw you, this is art' to all the censorious assholes out there, but until then the Berserk manga/anime is about as good as it gets.

For the 'scientifically curious', the other 24 series are:

1. SAO
2. Dragon Ball
3.  Code Geass
4.  Bakemonogatari
5.  Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
6.  Ranma 1/2
7.  World of Witches
8.  Haganai
9.  Vividred Operation
10.  Macross
11.  Utawarerumono
12.  Majikoi
13.  Record of Lodoss War
14.  Evangelion
15.  Grisaia
16.  Shukufuku no Campanella
17.  Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka
18.  School Days
19.  To Love ru
20.  Flame of Recca
21.  Fatal Fury
22.  Mahoromatic
23.  Bastard!
24.  Futari Ecchi

No comments: