Blog Archive

Friday, February 8, 2019

My Newest Book:

This is my latest novel, fresh out of the oven.  I wanted to broach some new ground in a new way, and this is what I came up with.  An isekai story where the point isn't to 'go somewhere new' but to 'get away from somewhere old.'  Ie, Earth.

If we were just allowed to live somewhere else but here, what could we do?  How would life change?  The answer, of course, is a lot.

It's traditional in isekai for God to grant the isekai-jin a wish, a cheat, a superpower of some sort, so that they can handle the perils of airdropping onto another planet.  When I imagined what sort of cheat I would want, it became readily apparent -- 100 girls who loved me enough to marry me all together.  This is the ultimate cheat that surpasses all others.

The fact that no other isekai story has attempted this, despite it being so obvious, makes me feel like the only uncensored writer on Earth.  Surely others have imagined how great this situation would be, and yet why am I the first to ever broach it?  Because, yet again, The Road Less Traveled is the only place to go for intellectual honesty and answering the hard questions no one else will.

I also find it interesting that every story ends once you marry.  I wanted to turn that over and have the story begin with marriage.  Then I could write new ground that no one else covers.  Yes, there is life after marriage -- if you know how to make the most of it!

I'm also tired of isekai having really juicy situations where girls are super in love with the guy but he always just ignores them and focuses on the next dragon to slay.  I consider this highly unrealistic and obnoxious.  For once, now that I'm in control of the story, when a boy gets a girl he actually gets her.  This alone is a revolutionary improvement of the genre.

A rudimentary understanding of Japanese is useful for reading, as I switch to it (in romanji) whenever I find the word or phrase particularly apt to the situation.  If you aren't familiar with these basic terms you can always copy and past them over to google translate, it shouldn't be an issue when the lines are so basic.

This story violates all possible taboos simultaneously.  It's also a fanfiction that takes advantage of pre-existing stories people would do well to know already in order to fully appreciate the work.  I'm sure this also somehow violates innumerable taboos.  But I don't care.  I just wanted to write an interesting story and share it with the world.  If no one reads it, fine.  If no one likes it, fine.  All I can do is offer the product to those enlightened enough to appreciate it.  Having read over the story multiple times for the sake of editing and proofreading, I already know how good it is.  Everything from here on out is just bonus.

No comments: