Blog Archive

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

April Bonanza:

Chihayafuru, Zokuowarimonogatari, Strike Witches, Shingeki no Kyojin and MIX aren't the only good things headed our way this spring.

There's also Game of Thrones' final season AND Avengers: Endgame, the conclusion to phase 3 of Marvel's Cinematic Universe.

That's a lot of fun to chew on in one place.  Though I'll probably stream Endgame six months after that so I can watch the 3 hour long movie from the comfort of my own home.  Nevertheless, it is coming out this April.

March Madness goes from March 19th to April 8th, but even before then is the play in tournaments, championship week, which is just as fun, so really March Madness begins March 12th.

So starting March 12 until Zokuowarimonogatari airs in May, there's just non-stop amazing stuff going on in the year of our lord 2019.

We just have to make it through the next month of downtime to get there.  And that's where my two newly bought PS4 games come in -- Soul Calibur VI and Valkyria Chronicles 4.  These relics from 2018 were half-off now in 2019, so they're perfect playmates for the long dark winter.

With April being so near, and the MIX manga translation being slow to non-existent, I deleted it from my value added manga rankings.  The anime will cover the entirety of the as yet translated manga, rendering it moot and worthless, so there's no point reading it anymore.  In its place I put another Adachi manga, 'Niji-iro Togarashi,' which is not getting an anime, so still has its full value as 'value added.'

I also added the opening song to Ojamajo Doremi # to my music hall of fame, 'Ojamajo wa Koko ni iru'.  I love the spanish rhythm.  It may not be a great anime but it still has some great music.

That puts my music hall of fame back up to 5,366 songs.

Frozen 2 has been slated for November 2019 in theaters, so six months after that for digital streaming.  Still nice to see progress on this front, it was announced ages ago.

2019 already had tons of great stuff, from exciting football games to great anime like SAO and Fairy Tail to Tales of Vesperia's Definitive Edition to the completion of Sakura Trick, but we're only just getting started.  Everything kicks into overdrive this April.  Some of this stuff has been decades in the making.  I can't wait!

No comments: