Blog Archive

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Tales of Vesperia will finally be translated for PS4:

The original Tales of Vesperia game came out for the Xbox.  It ended up being the most beloved game in the series, but maddeningly was released for the console least liked by rpg fans.  So arguably the best rpg of all time was not available to the vast majority of rpg fans.  This decision was insane.  In Japan they later fixed this issue, by providing an even bigger and better version of Tales of Vesperia for the PS3, with two new characters and all sorts of other extras.  But they never translated that edition, so American PS3 owners were still out of luck.

Since the Xbox version was inferior to the expanded PS3 version, it also made no sense to play that version anymore.

Ten years later Bandai has finally deigned to provide us worldwide Tales fans a solution -- the translated, expanded game for PS4, with a remaster to boot to take advantage of the PS4's greater computing power.  Now we'll all get to experience the hit everyone keeps talking about but no one could ever play.  The release date is set for this winter, so the wait isn't long now.

Congratulations to Justify for winning the triple crown.

I predicted the Golden State Warriors were invincible and I was proven correct yet again this year.

I also said LeBron James was the greatest basketball player of all time and the Cavaliers reaching the finals again this year just served to prove that point even further as well.

I wanted the Golden Knights to win the Stanley Cup but I guess that was just too good to be true in their first year of existence.

I added a new permapost to my list, 'Beautiful White Girls', to mirror my 'Beautiful Anime Girls' and 'Beautiful Fairy Girls' permaposts.  It's an oldie but a goodie.  Whenever I come across another great picture I update the post, so I figured others should be given the chance to see the continuous improvements as well.

Card Captor Sakura: Clear Card Hen's anime ended, but the storyline certainly didn't.  It just breaks off at a cliffhanger.  I guess that's understandable, since the manga isn't finished yet either.  Maybe the anime will return once it has more content to animate, or maybe people will just have to rely on the manga to see the ending once that eventually arrives.  Who knows, but for now it turns what was a completed anime into an incomplete anime, making the experience much less satisfying than it used to be.

I'm very distressed that Japan is letting in 500,000 foreign 'guest workers.'  In every other country those 'guests' have become permanent, eventually destabilizing the demographics of the country and spelling the nation's doom.  It feels foreordained that Japan will make the exact same mistakes across the exact same span of time and eventually it will be like everywhere else.  This is why the whole world is doomed, not just the white race, if we don't put racism back in power -- westernized East Asian countries take their cues from us and aspire to be like us, so when we are anti-racist they become anti-racist too.  When we commit suicide so will they.  We can't just go down in liberal flames and leave everything to South Korea and Japan.  We're dragging them down with us even as we speak.

Full Metal Panic's season 4 has been fantastic, but without a season 5 to provide the proper ending it will all be for naught.

I renewed my WoW subscription and have been having a ball of a time.  After I got the Legion flight achievement I was able to rapidly level and gear up my alts.  With plenty of unexplored content left and the pre-patch coming up in July, it's a good time to be back.  The new expansion is just around the corner in August so I might just play continuously from now to then.

No comments: