Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Red Wheel is Getting a Translation:

Available for $10 on Amazon.com, the long awaited sequel to November 1916, March 1917, is already available.  The remaining 5 volumes are planned to come out in 2018+.

This is Solzhenitsyn's magnum opus.  I already read the first two volumes long ago, and have railed against the inability to read the rest ever since.  This cosmic injustice is finally being undone.  Now we can all read the insights of one of the world's greatest minds.  After I finish 200 Years Together, it's on to the Red Wheel series.  Both of these works were stuck in Russian for so long, it's amazing to see them both being translated, all of a sudden, at the same time.  Synchronicity, as Lawrence Auster would say.

I've been hard at work on my music hall of fame.  The new total is 4364 songs after I found a few remixes.  I also managed to switch some kanji song titles into more easily read romanji.  On top of that, I corrected a lot of artist misattributions.  Now the actual composer of the song is being credited for the song, instead of me just taking wild guesses.  This is especially true of my mega man music, which was wildly inaccurate as to who had composed what up until now.

Chapters 6-12 of 200 Years Together could use a better translation, but it's readable.  I'm halfway through chapter 8, which is good progress on such dense material.  I have so much to do after this I'm just drowning in reading material.  There's new Orson Scott Card books, Parchment and Wolf, Hataraku Maou-sama!, etc, etc.

Star Ocean 5 is sitting in my PS4 ready to be played but there's just no time for it.  Kyoukai no Rinne is going to have to wait a long time before I can resume rewatching it too.  Imouto Paradise 2 is going to take forever to finish, so Muv-Luv is just totally out of the question.  At this point I'm just hoping no new visual novels are released for a year. >.<.

Obviously this is no time to be playing WoW again.  I guess I'll be putting that off another year.  The only thing I can do right now is cultivate my music hall of fame and read books.  Everything else is off the table until I can clear out some of this backlog.

No comments: