Blog Archive

Sunday, December 31, 2023

The end of an era at the end of the year:

Sailor Moon Cosmos came out in time, so on New Year's Eve I've watched this holy work.  Usagi is beautiful beyond belief throughout these movies, and Kotono Mitsuishi delivers an inspired performance of her voice, giving powerful statements one after the next, like how faith gives her strength, or loneliness is the cause of both conquest and cooperation, or how she's only ever fought for her friends.

The weird Sailor Shooting Stars don't really faze me.  They switch genders via magic, like Ranma does in Ranma 1/2, or Run does in To Love ru.  They never insist that they're 'actually' boys or girls inside and require you lie about them, you can view them however you please.  Anyway, they're such minor characters they can just be ignored.

Sailor Moon is more a visual spectacle than a book, though.  The way people look when they transform, or marry, or attack, speaks volumes that a plot description can't convey.  I honestly believe Sailor Moon could be watched on mute.  Basically you just have to see it to believe it.

Now I'm relieved to know everything about a vital character, a waifu in '100 Waifus,' and that my portrayal of her in '100 Waifus' is dead-on accurate.  I'd like to not have to edit anybody, so one ending of the source work at a time I can put my editing scissors away.  Also, of course, the movie reaffirmed why she was one of the 100 best waifus in fiction, and I wasn't wrong to choose her.  Not that I really needed any more proof.

Meanwhile Georgia sure pummeled Florida State.  So much for that 'we're undefeated, we should be in the Playoffs!' crap.  The Selection Committee got it right -- except obviously Georgia should have been included too.  63-3.  Wow.

Also, The Pop Tart mascot is the funniest thing America has produced in a long time.

No comments: