Blog Archive

Saturday, November 11, 2023

Shadowlands Flight attained:

My new computer can play WoW smoothly at a 7/10 graphics level.  A new computer that can't handle top-of-the-line graphics is kind of sad, but the game still looks fine as is so no biggie.  I wanted a cheap, quiet and reliable computer, not a powerhouse, and I got what I wanted.  I promptly went back to work on what I was doing before I quit WoW -- trying to get the right to fly in Shadowlands for all my characters.  (I have 23 characters so this impacts quite a few people's quality of life).  Since I had almost accomplished this task before I quit I managed to get it done shortly after the computer was running.  Now all my characters can level just by flying around, picking up treasure, herbs, minerals, etc. at hyper speed.

But before I go around leveling alts, I need to see the remaining plot elements of Shadowlands, which means focusing on zones where flight still isn't available like the Maw with my main.  As expected there's infinity to do in this game, but it's nice to have a major achievement right off the bat.

Meanwhile I promoted 'Flower Ring', the opening to Isekai Nonbiri Nouka, to 5-star, demoting 'Protecting my Devotion' from FF9 to make room.  Another vocal replacing an instrumental, so not surprising.

I've rewatched the latest season of Bleach, the Suzume movie, the Shingeki no Kyojin final episode special, the Cinderella Girls U149 ova, and even the currently airing season of Goblin Slayer.  Since everything on that front is up to date, I decided to try out my newly downloaded Dragon Ball Kai Recut, and it's fantastic.  Or maybe the original Goku vs. Vegeta plot was this good to begin with, but I honestly feel like this is a new, snappier, better version than before.  Everything proceeds so quickly with no wasted scenes or lines.  I watched until Vegeta crawled into his pod and escaped, but of course the next arc after this is the best one, Goku vs. Frieza, so I'm sure it would be fun to watch too.

Satano Diamond winning her first G1 race and everyone in her entire family including her breaking down into tears afterwards had me in tears too.  I'm so happy for her, the jinx is broken, their efforts weren't futile.  This episode reaffirmed my decision to include her into my fictional character hall of fame, she's one of the best and brightest stars I've seen.  My eye for quality doesn't deceive, it foretells.

Uma Musume S3, dare I say it?, is the best season of the series.  And this series was already amazing.

No comments: