Blog Archive

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Australia Lives:

After a grueling 10 shot penalty kick shootout, with emotions gyrating every shot, which came after a grueling 0-0 draw and a 0-0 overtime draw, Australia overcame France.  This meant there was one non-European team in the semifinals of the World Cup, which happened to be the host nation of the World Cup and the only team I had left to cheer for.  All the non-white teams are gone now, and that includes France, which like the men's team seemed to be predominantly composed of black people.  It will be a competition between blue-eyed blonde girls with ponytails from here on.

This is pretty much the best I could hope for after Japan was eliminated.  Now I'm looking forward to the final four matches.  Even if Australia loses they'll still play in the 3rd place game, so I get to cheer for them twice more either way.

Meanwhile I promoted 'Change' from Bleach to 5-star, demoting 'Panic' from Xenosaga to make room.  Another anime vocal overcoming a video game instrumental.

The situation in 'Phantom' is rather ridiculous.  The Imperial Order has taken both Richard and Kahlan prisoner but refuse to kill either of them for stupid reasons, meaning victory was in their grasp but they threw it away like the James Bond like villains they are.  Sword of Truth seems to only be good for books 1-2 and 5-6.  The rest have been either dull or ridiculous.  Xanth was more reliably good.  But oh well, I'm close to done with my reread so I may as well finish the job.

No comments: