Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Silver Ruins, Black moon:

For those desirous of the continuation of 12 Kingdoms, here's the link:  http://www.eugenewoodbury.com/moon/book1/moon1_01.htm

Does this cover all 4 Japanese volumes?  I'm not sure.  It would be nice if it did, but I'm kinda guessing not, which means the story will still stop suddenly at a cliffhanger.  I haven't had time to read it because I'm currently working on Hai to Gensou no Grimgar volume 16, which can be downloaded at nyaa.si.  This came out earlier this month but I was too busy reading other stuff then and have only gotten a chance to start in now.

After Hai to Gensou comes 12 Kingdoms?  Or perhaps the new Outbreak Company novel slated for release in a few days.  Or the new Xanth novel.  Or the new SAO novel. . .  Jesus Christ there's so much to read right now!

On top of that I downloaded the Gunbuster blu-ray because I thought I might like to rewatch that someday.  Gunbuster is actually good, unlike Diebuster, and its reputation should stand on its own as a classic.

I'm almost done rewatching SAO's last season in blu-ray, but that still leaves a wealth of options -- Railgun T in blu-ray?  Gunbuster in blu-ray?  Major 2nd S2?  Uma Musume S1 in blu-ray?  Fate/Grand Order in blu-ray?

There are still 3598 songs I've yet to listen to a full 100 times.  Can I really finish them off this year?

WoW Shadowlands still has plenty of new content on offer, though it's getting harder for me to gain the item level necessary to actually access it.  There's a plethora of other video games I'd like to try once I tire of WoW but so long as I'm subscribed to WoW I should play it as much as possible and not get sidetracked with shiny new toys.

The NFL Playoffs are still ongoing, though there's now rumbles that the Tokyo Olympics will never actually happen.  That's a crying shame.  Will there at least be March Madness?

Jun Maeda has a new book scheduled for release, 'Neko Kari Zoku no Naga.'  Will it get translated?  I sure hope so, based on how good his Angel Beats prequel novel was.  Key is hinting that a Summer Pockets anime is in production.  If they don't muck it up like they did Rewrite that would instantly make my rankings.

Disney+ finally has something worth watching in Wandavision coming out.  And I'm still interested in HBO Max's Wonder Woman 1984. . .  But do I really have time for either subscription service?

It's overwhelming.  Winter 2021 is too fun!  Why didn't they let 2020 borrow any of this stuff? >.<.  We could have used it back then!

It's funny, I once had over 9,000 episodes of content in my great anime collection years ago, but that was before Naruto Kai, Dragon Ball Kai, One Pace, Sailor Moon Crystal, etc., shrunk all my favorite series back to manageable size.  Ojamajo Doremi getting cut cost me hundreds of episodes, as well as Kira Kira and Huggto Precure.  So only now have I barely scrabbled back over the 9,000 threshold, and I could fall back under 9,000 again if I replace Ika Musume with Idoly Pride.  (Ika's a lot longer than Idoly right now).

But that means crossing the 9,000 barrier this time is way more bounteous than it was last time.  Now those 9,000 episodes are all extremely high quality, no-filler, no-nonsense hits.  Each and every one of those 9,000 makes an impact.  It's a tremendous contribution to human accomplishment.  That's 9,000 ace serves right there.

This time reaching 9,000 is worth twice as much as it was years ago.  It was worth the wait.  And it's only going to get better -- Edens Zero is slated for this April.  I wouldn't be surprised if the tally eventually hit 10,000.  Look forward to long series like Edens Zero replacing short movies like Nausicaa -- that can up the count quite a lot in the blink of an eye.  And not just the count, the actual genuine worth of the anime hall of fame collection as well.  The hall of fame I'm touting to the world has stayed at 200 spots for years now, but the genuine worth of those top 200 series has been skyrocketing up this whole time.  Naruto Kai and One Pace are huge improvements to my rankings even though they make the quantity count go down.  But now even the quantity is higher than ever.  What does that say?  Fireworks!

Assuming there is a March Madness I'm booked with fun stuff to do all the way to the April Anime Season, which is chock full of great stuff itself.  There are no brakes on this train!

No comments: