Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Catastrophe is a Remix:

Catastrophe is a remix -- again.  Last time it was Masaharu Iwata's Catastrophe, this time it's Nobuo Uematsu's.  It turns out most of the song is just an inferior version of the beginning of 'Dancing Mad.'  There's no need for two versions of the same song in my music hall of fame, and obviously Dancing Mad is better, so away it goes.

It took 50 listen-throughs of both songs before I noticed but eventually the truth will out.  This brings the music hall of fame back down to 5456 entries.  However, I'll bring it back up to par once the opening of Assassin's Pride is available.  Such a catchy tune.

I'm reading Aiyoku no Eustia via the partial patch of the game that came out earlier this year.  Hopefully the fully translated version will come out before I reach the end of the partial patch's content.  It's a great game so far, but I can't judge the story as a whole until I've seen the whole thing.

I'm also re-reading Akame ga Kill! in chronological order.  I'm noticing little things like that Akame's closest friend among the group of 7 assassins was indeed Tsukihi, the girl she ends up killing by the end.  It's a melancholic subtlety.

Kin-iro Mosaic's manga is ending in four chapters.  It only comes out monthly so that's actually still a long time from now.  But as far as content goes -- not much content left.  I think it's fine for it to end here, there isn't much left to say on the topic of English transfer students anyway.  But I do note this is another high quality manga discontinuing with nothing to replace it.  They just don't make them like they used to.  I also note that this would be the perfect time for a third season of Kin-iro Mosaic anime, but we all know that's never going to happen, because no Japanese source is ever adapted to its proper ending.

On the '100 waifus' front, I moved Hikaru from Hikaru no Go over to being the son of Kuon instead of Haruka Haruno, with Haruka Haruno getting Kuon's Hayate in his stead.  This way there isn't a misleading and confusing situation where a Pretty Cure has a child with the same name as another Pretty Cure, but the child isn't in fact said Pretty Cure.  Everyone would immediately assume, when Cure Flora has a child named Hikaru, that has to refer to Cure Star from Star Twinkle.  That assumption should not be betrayed by random other Hikaru's entering the fray.  Now it no longer is.  Now the only Hikaru child of a Precure in the book is in fact referring to Cure Star from Star Twinkle, Hikaru Yumehara of the 6th borns.

So long as I can keep making the book better via additional editing I may as well keep doing so.  I wouldn't be surprised if my next edit is the inclusion of characters from Aiyoku no Eustia into the fictional characters hall of fame.

No comments: