Blog Archive

Saturday, December 15, 2018

UQ Holder out in blu-ray:

UQ Holder is out in 1080p blu-ray, translated into English, over at nyaa.si.  This has been a long time coming.  Someday I hope to kick Negima out of my anime rankings, but until that day it's still a ranked anime and deserving of a full rewatch.  Now that I've finished rewatching Love Live Sunshine S2 I will gladly switch my attention over to this timely release.

Despite Negima/UQ Holder being the best manga ever the anime is near the bottom of my rankings, and all because filler keeps destroying what Ken Akamatsu built.  But they still have some good scenes from the manga in this release, and they're just as solid in animated form as they were in the manga.  The oav's especially were great, which are now available for the first time in HD.

Meanwhile, I added 6 new songs to my music hall of fame, 4 by Aqours, 1 by Maon Kurosaki and 1 by LiSA.  All for anime songs.  This will give me some leeway in case I want to delete something later.

Rewatching Love Live Sunshine proved to me that Aqours really is a good band, even if it is worse than u's.  The other two songs are the fall anime openings of SAO: Alicization and Index Season 3, so they were pretty obvious.  Anything that nostalgically reminds me of my favorite series is going to be fortunate in the hall of fame sweepstakes.

No comments: