Blog Archive

Sunday, May 20, 2018

Lost Souls:

The newest Loreena McKennitt album came out, 'Lost Souls,' in the very midst of my girl rock reviewing, just a few days ago.

Since I'll be upgrading a lot of girl rock music, including Loreena music, once I'm done reviewing my 2 star girl rock playlist, I'll just add in the songs from the Lost Souls album at that time as well.  So far all nine songs on the album seem solid, but I don't think any of them could be called among her best.  Even so that's already a better showing than her previous album, The Wind that Shakes the Barley, which only had four good songs.

What I really wish would happen is a new Sarah Brightman album, but Loreena will do.  Supposedly Garbage is releasing a new album in 2019, so I'll be on the lookout for them as well, even though I didn't like a single song from their previous album, Strange Little Birds.  If Loreena can make a comeback album that's twice as good as her previous work maybe Garbage can too!

If I hadn't suddenly resumed my interest in my 2 star list, I never would have checked for any new releases by said girl rockers, so it was pretty fortuitous that Lost Souls came out in the very same week.  As Laurence Auster would say, synchronicity.

No comments: