Blog Archive

Monday, May 7, 2018

Hatsukoi 1/1 Append Disk Released:

From the same people who brought us Hatsukoi 1/1, the first of two append disks have also been translated.  They plan on releasing the second one eventually too, so there's no better time to dive into Hatsukoi 1/1 than now.

Hatsukoi 1/1's composer is Ryo Mizutsuki, who composed great music for Rewrite.  With talent like that on board, what could go wrong?

Unfortunately, even though I downloaded Hatsukoi 1/1 ages ago, I seem to have misplaced or deleted my copy, because I can't find it anywhere.  I had to go through the laborious process of downloading the game all over again, but it's all worth it for the chance to play Hatsukoi + append disks.

Technically I'm supposed to be reading Muv Luv, not Hatsukoi, but Muv Luv just isn't compelling enough so it's time to give another visual novel a try.

I've always been uncomfortable honoring light novel writers borrowing from another person's established work.  So I cut the two Naruto book authors from my books hall of fame and added two people who came up with their own original ideas -- Wilson Rawls, author of Where the Red Fern Grows, and Jean Raspail, author of The Camp of the Saints.

Originally I wanted to replace the Naruto authors with other light novel authors, but I haven't found anyone worthy of note so real novel authors it will have to be.  Alice Tale is okay but hardly a must read.

The universe 6 vs. universe 7 tournament arc is the bad type of Toriyama tendency, the one that concentrates on gags instead of serious action.  Dragon Ball Super doesn't actually become good until Goku Black appears.  My rewatch of Super is going to be painful until then.

Hugtto Precure might be better than Kira Kira Precure after all.  It's probably better than One Piece already, whose pacing is so slow it could compete with bose-einstein condensates.

Just as I feared, it's a long ways to the beginning of the World Cup with not much worthy of note coming out in the meantime, but if we can just power through this trough it's smooth sailing from there.  Summer has the World Cup, while the fall season will have football, Sword Art Online and Fairy Tail.

P.S.:  After downloading the whole game over again I stumbled upon the location of my previous, already working version of the game.  *Sigh*  Why didn't it appear in any of my searches?  Computers are so worthless.

I decided to round out my good manga hall of fame to a nice round top 75 entries, so Q and A got back in at 75th place.  It's a cute story worthy of 'must-read' status.

No comments: