Blog Archive

Saturday, April 7, 2018

Bloody Roar & Broken Destiny Music:

Bloody Roar was composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto, and I enjoyed playing the game when I was a kid, so I thought this was a natural hunting ground.  However, it seems all the various collaborators watered the music down.  In addition, nothing good ever comes out of guitars and drums as your leading instruments.  I ended up coming out empty.

On the bright side, High School Fleet is getting a new movie.  This was one of the last series to make my top 200 rankings, so anything that can bolster its standing is vital if it wishes to stay in said rankings.

In addition, I wanted Junichi Nakatsuru to belong to the 100 club like all the others.  Sitting at 99 songs in my hall of fame, I figured that was just too pitiable, so I downloaded the soundtrack to Soul Calibur - Broken Destiny to help him out.  The soundtrack only had ten new songs, so it was perfect for this vanity project's designs.

Junichi Nakatsuru got 2 more songs, reaching 101, while Keiki Kobayashi contributed 3 new songs, reaching 15 in all.  Everything worked out perfectly.

Even after downloading all these additional soundtracks, I didn't have to introduce any new eminent composer to my list, which still sits at a perfect 200.  Now we're just waiting on Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Soul Calibur 6 to come out.

For now, my music hall of fame stands at 4780 songs, 10.7 days in length.  You can check out all the details on my newly updated Good Music permapost:  http://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2017/08/good-music.html

No comments: