Blog Archive

Monday, November 27, 2017

Another Manga Bites the Dust:

Kyoukai no Rinne is ending this December.  This doesn't mean much to Americans because it wasn't being translated anyway, but it's just one more sign that the manga industry is in terminal decline.  The stars who gave it life, like Kishimoto, Kubo, Mashima and Takahashi are all retiring and no one is coming in to take up the slack.

Yet again with my eerily prescient predictions, I predicted on January 3rd that Kyoukai no Rinne would end this year.

https://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2017/01/which-manga-might-end-in-2017.html

"I suspect a lot of manga will end in 2017.  This includes Fairy Tail, UQ Holder, Hayate no Gotoku, Zettai Karen Children, Akame ga Kill!, Akame ga Kill! Zero, To Love-ru Darkness, Btooom!, Kyoukai no Rinne, and Sore ga Seiyuu!"

I was right about Fairy Tail, Hayate, Akame, To Love-ru, Btooom, Kyoukai and Sore ga Seiyuu.  I was only wrong about Zero, Zettai and UQ Holder.  My prophetic powers even astonish myself.

This is the 11th great manga to shut down this year, with 0 new replacements.

Meanwhile, I replaced my wish for more Little Busters! anime with a wish for more Futari Ecchi instead on my anime wishlist.  Having read through half of the visual novel, I can now say that the anime doesn't need a new season to better match the source.  The stuff the anime cut or changed made the story better, so it's just fine the way it is now.

I also combined my recent posts -- Homogeneity isn't Hate and Are white men really so badly off? into one post and upgraded it into a permapost I was so happy with them.  They explain very well how we are victimized in this society and why separation is the only cure.  If self defense is morally justified, and the only way to defend ourselves is racial separation, then racial separation is morally justified.  QED.

No comments: