Blog Archive

Thursday, October 19, 2017

The New 72:

In the end my salvaged music repository resulted in 72 additions to my music hall of fame.  My Good Music post is updated with all the latest facts, so now's as good a time to check it out as any.

http://diamed-the-road-less-traveled.blogspot.com/2017/08/good-music.html

So, what's new?  Yoko Shimomura has moved up to my 8th favorite composer, and Yuki Kajiura isn't far behind at 11th.

Katsuhisa Hattori, the composer behind Seikai no Monshou/Senki, went up from just four songs to 19.

30 of the new songs came from Japan, 42 from the West.  (Overall, music from Japan accounts for 7.2 days of my hall of fame, while music from the West accounts for 2.7 days, so this was a rare win for the West.  Still, whites can be proud to have contributed 1/4 of all good music on Earth, as well as having invented the very concept of modern music and all the modern instruments Japan relies upon to churn out hit after hit.  None of this would have been possible if not for us.)

Nine Inch Nails, The Beatles, Celtic Woman, Depeche Mode, Nirvana, No Doubt, Placebo, Stabbing Westward, Simon and Garfunkel, The Smashing Pumpkins and U2 all newly made the eminent composers list.

The new inclusions represent a crazily diverse selection of music ranging across all types.  They represent the best of their fields, from heavy metal to ska to whatever.  They plug whatever remaining gaps were in my hall of fame until now, forming a truly complete music guide.  The reason I didn't include them before is because my cd's couldn't be turned into mp3's, not because I didn't know the bands were good.  Once that roadblock was out of the way I was able to patch all the holes like I always wanted.

The latest list includes every good song I know of, with nothing left out.  I can finally sit back on my throne and relax -- until Xenoblade 2 comes out in December at least.  I've also more than made up for all the losses from cutting remixes.  At 9.9 days, my hall of fame has never been longer as well as more inclusive, vibrant, and diverse.

Once I get my hands on Xenoblade 2, this continuous year of musical curating toil will be at an end.  I've needed all this time just to get things prepared, but the grand finale is now in sight.  The fruit of all my labors.  10 days of continuous musical perfection here we come.

No comments: