Blog Archive

Friday, September 22, 2017

Fall 2017 Anime Preview:

http://randomc.net/2017/09/22/fall-2017-preview/

Random Curiosity has all the info for the coming fall 2017 anime season.  The shows I'll be reviewing for my first impressions post will be a subsection of the ones described above.

Known Quantities:

UQ Holder
Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou
Yuuki Yuuna
Love Live! Sunshine!

These go without saying as must-see, they're just sequel seasons to already ranked shows.

Continuing Series:

Dragon Ball Super
One Piece
Bolt
Kira Kira Precure
Fate/Apocrypha

Obviously you should watch these during the fall as well.  So that gets us to 9 shows out the gate.

High Expectations:

Junni Taisen
Imouto Sae Ireba ii
The Idolm@ster Side M

These are shows by authors of other ranked series, so how bad can they be?

Worth checking out:

Black Clover
Konohana Kitan
Just Because!
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
Dies Irae
Blend S
Mahoutsukai no Yome
Animegataris
Kuujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau
Netojuu no Susume

If even half of these shows are any good we're looking at a busy season.  Aside from Owarimonogatari Ge and Princess Principal, the summer season didn't offer much, so this will be an improvement.

Meanwhile I found eight more remixes.  7 from Tales of Destiny 2, which were pretty easy to detect (they announced themselves that they were remixes in their titles), but very hard to verify (the melodies only had the loosest of connections to what they were remixing, to the point that you could easily consider them totally different songs.)  The last remix was also pretty obvious, because it was two songs by Junichi Nakatsuru with the exact same name, Path of Destiny, though strangely one of them was two minutes longer in running time than the other.  I dropped the longer one because shorter is always sweeter in my experience.

I might not have been so eager to drop all these Destiny songs, except with all these Valkyrie Profile songs I don't need as many Motoi Sakuraba songs as before, so I can cut even the most loosely associated remixes without fear of running out anymore.  As for how the Nakatsuru songs escaped my notice all this time I have no explanation, it's completely baffling.  That brings my hall of fame total quickly back down to 4309 songs, but still 9.7 days in runtime.

In a few weeks I'll have my first impressions post out and we'll see how the fall anime season actually fared.

No comments: