Blog Archive

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Lance N' Masques, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Dropped:

Unrealistic scenes, fan service thrown in for no good reason, melodrama, these shows have basically everything I hate.  I couldn't take their ham handed ways of trying to make me care about things I had been given zero reason to care about, because all the characters in front of me were lifeless and boring.  If you want to make me care, look at how Non Non Biyori does character development.  I care when those girls are playing with a kite, much less fighting evil doers.  But I'll never care about people who solely fight evil doers for lame reasons like 'I'm searching for my long lost sister.'  bleh.  Who can take an overused trope like that seriously?

This puts the fall watch list down to a mere ten entries.  Let's hope Eiyuutan doesn't end up in the scrap heap too.  The second episode was a lot worse than the first.

Meanwhile, Yama no Susume S2 came out in blu-ray, so I had the opportunity to rewatch it.  It was excellent, just as I remembered.  It combined being informative, beautiful, and cute/funny.  I also love its hyper realism.  As a hiker, I can confirm practically every single thing that happened in those episodes as really being the way things are in reality.

Akatsuki no Yona has also come out in blu-ray, up until episode 15.  I'm enjoying rewatching it as well.  Chiwa Saito is such an amazing voice actress.  She totally steals the show.


No comments: