Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Grisaia Finished:

Grisaia no Rakuen had an awesome final episode.  It featured a bunch of tanned girls hanging out on a deserted island and a Vicious vs. Spike gun/sword/kung fu/knife fight.  It doesn't get much better than that.  The fact that the story was left open ended in terms of who gets to be with Yuuji romantically was also fitting, given that fans all have their own favorite character, it wouldn't be fair to make only one of them the 'official' ending.

Meanwhile, I finished reading the Grisaia no Kajitsu visual novel.  Yumiko's route wasn't any good, as expected.  I liked the flashback explaining her childhood, but as usual the present day romance with Yuuji aspects didn't seem to have good chemistry or click at all.  It felt horribly forced that these two would ever end up together.  The important thing is that I've now gotten 100% on the visual novel, finally completing one of my many goals.  This allowed me to start rewatching the original anime season in blu-ray as well, which is even better than I remembered it being.  Soon I'll have rewatched the anime and read the visual novel, which is about as Kajitsu'd out as humanly possible.  Now that I've read the actual Yumiko route, I'm fine with the anime completely cutting it out and substituting their own anime original idea.  Frankly, the original written route sucked and the anime version is better.  I just wish the anime had done justice to Michiru's route from the visual novel, which is the best route by far but given barely any screen time in the anime.  Oh well, you can't have everything.

No comments: