Blog Archive

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Zankyou no Terror Dropped:

This show has had two episodes now, but it hasn't revealed anything about the terrorist's motives.  Without a motive, violence is just mindless bestiality.  I could care less about what mindless beasts do with their free time.  If you don't have a motive, there is no story.  There are no decisions.  There's no characters.  There's no plot.  There's nothing at all.  Every story must first explain to me what the motive/motivation of the cast is, and then start saying what happens.  This story does not follow this simple, obvious, essential formula and therefore automatically sucks.  I don't care what occurs, or how it occurs.  All I ever cared about from the beginning was why.  That's obviously a question they have no intention of ever answering, so to hell with this show.

My pass rate's down to 21.  Let's see if Tokyo ESP can survive my next cut.

No comments: